Oh No! We’re going to be consumed by a planet dissolving black hole cloud arriving at 9:15 a.m. EDT on June 1, 2014? This must be the End of the World!!
Calm down. First the news service reporting this distortion is best known for satire. The cadence of the writing is that of a pure hoax because it is a pure hoax.
The cloud allegedly consists of high energy, acidic particles observed to have eaten an asteroid - so reports the in space observatory Chandra. This effects originates in the spewing of a black hole some 28,000 light years away. Think this through. Here are the facts:
• Chandra is an energy detection observatory, not optical. It would not see what is claimed
• Seeing an asteroid at some 28K light years would be impossible by any known optical scope.
• Given astronomical assessments, making a time qualified statement per above would have to have a huge plus or minus error margin.
• The etching energy evidently emanated from a black hole. Nothing leaves a black hole in the state of existence. While the explanation offered tried to claim the a particle-anti-particle theory, that explanation also had serious flaws.
• Most convincingly, something 28,000 light years away, if moving at the speed of light, would reach us in 28,000 years, plus or minus, making the above assessment off by approximately, 27,993 years, plus or minus.
Forget about it. Better yet, stop reading this kind of crap. Certainly don’t forward e-mails about it.